11.19.2008

famous person story

So my friend posted her famous person story. I have some good ones. even living in MT, we see famous ppl. What is funny to me, is that they all happened at Hastings Books Music & Video. In Billings in 1991- incident number one. This really TALL redheaded woman came in. I was working in the stockroom on a Tuesday. Tuesday was the day we got magazines. She was hassling the book person at 10AM, right when we opened, about "where was the new Vanity Fair?" The poor salesperson came back, and lo and behold, we had NOT gotten the new VF in the Tuesday morning shipment. The salesgirl went back out, and this tall redhead FREAKED. I went out and explained to her that we sometimes got only half the shipment of new magazines on Tuesday morning, and got the second shipment on Tuesday afternoon. I would take her number and call her when the new issue came in. She was irate! Said she would go elsewhere. We were IDIOTS. She left. I heard she came back later that day, when the 2nd shipment came in a bought her copy, that as I said came in the afternoon ship. She was on the cover. She is Nicole Kidman. In Montana to film Far and Away. Could have not been a beeyoch. But she was.

No comments: